By now, we are all aware of the power that TikTok beholds. This social media app has over 1 billion downloads and 800 million active users worldwide. With its popularity, it has attracted digital marketing lately. TikTok has many advanced options and a powerful way to promote and brand products to get the highest reach with minimal investment. Many businesses buy tiktok likes service to expand their follower’s rate. So are you planning to add TikTok into your digital marketing strategy and want to know more about this app? Keep reading to discover more about TikTok.
Working Of TikTok
There are many things you can probably do on TikTok. We’ve listed the items that you can post in a 15-60 second video created directly in the app or upload any of your previous videos.
- Videos: You can watch and create videos, one of the essential jobs of this app. Along with videos, you can upload or create slideshows in the app. It also gives you provisions to start recording, add effects, and set timers.
- Video Editing: By using TikTok, you can add filters, split-screen, add transitions, add slow motions, and many editing stuff.
- Music: Users can add new music as well as for trim, or discover music from TikTok’s library. TikTok plays a crucial role in helping tracks to gain popularity.
- Interaction: Users on TikTok can follow other accounts that they like. They can also comment, download videos, give hearts, or share them.
- Profiles: Like other social media platforms, the official account gets a blue badge similar to TikTok.
- Live Stream: Not all the users but a few of them can live-stream on TikTok.
Demographics And Algorithm
TikTok has restricted sharing of statistics, and user data but below is the information available :
- Gender: TikTok has more female users, approximately 60-65%. The age range of this female audience is 16-24 years.
- Age: This app is most popular among teenagers, commonly referred to as Generation Z. As per the statistics, 41% of TikTok users are between 16 to 24 years old.
- Geography: TikTok is highly popular and has about 800 million monthly active users. China may be on the top of the list as per the userbase data, but it is widely popular in nearly 154 countries. India is one of the primary users’ accounts, with approx 25% downloads. In Japan, the app has 9.5 active users approx. In the US, 96 million times, Tik Tok has been downloaded in the past few years.
- Algorithm: Like many other social media apps, TikTok works more on content that is user-generated. The only thing that differentiates TikTok is that it shows the content from random people on this platform.
Why Must Brands Pay Attention To TikTok?
If you have Gen Z as your target audience and are not on TikTok, you will surely miss out on the chance to grab them. Consider it for using brand awareness, instead of looking at it as a medium for generating leads or traffic. Apart from this, you can use it to engage the young crowd to show off a lighter side through funny videos and take up the challenge and other strategies that can be seen only on this platform. We can say that TikTok marketing is the next best thing for brands.
Ways That Brands Can Utilize
TikTok marketing is not at all difficult as you think it could be. There are three options you have if you want to market your brand on TikTok.
- Create a profile with your brand name and upload videos.
- You can reach out to influencers to talk about the brand, which will help you gain a much wider audience.
- Run paid ads across the platform through paid campaign options on the app.
Role Of Influencers Marketing On TikTok
It is difficult for brands to reach out to Gen Z audiences because of their dislike towards any traditional ads. On TikTok, you can reach the target audience through influencers. You can find those whose followers match your group of consumers, which is the target audience for your services or products. It would help if you first looked for a reputed TikTok influencer to make duet videos. While you select a perfect representation for your brand, you must try to judge an influencer very carefully.
Advertising On TikTok
In case you are not willing to hire an influencer for TikTok marketing of your brand, in that case, you can choose another way of promotion. A business account on TikTok does not necessarily build a considerable audience, so people refer influencers to go.
Brand And Challenges
Challenges are the primary feature of TikTok. Users are very passionate about creating and uploading challenge videos. These challenges have added hashtags that also get the audience. Many brands have some prevalent hashtag challenges like:
#InMyDenim – Guess started this challenge, and it was the first promoted challenge on TikTok in the US.
#Wavez4India – This challenge started by Lay’s India and crossed 9 billion views.
#SwagStepChallenge – This was started by Pepsi India’s crowd-sourced videos that have over 23 billion views on TikTok.
Apart from these challenges, there are brands like Chipotle, Guess, and Calvin Klein that are already growing on TikTok.
Even though TikTok has become widely popular, we still are unaware that it would be able to maintain its legacy. To continue its existing popularity, TikTok will need to find new ways to keep the interest of its audience.
Brand marketers are ready to hop on TikTok and shift from social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This platform could be the best option for brand marketing, considered its fame and popularity, and if it continues to remain the same for the coming years.